Conference Action Toolkit
Provide a set of resources for individuals and teams to reflect on learning and plan after-conference actions
How do we turn new learning into an actionable plan?
Educational conferences provide educators with opportunities to engage in rich conversations with like-minded colleagues, learn new strategies, and access resources and materials relevant to their role. Conference participants often experience feelings of excitement, hope, and a renewed sense of energy or passion; however, at the same time, feelings of anxiety, frustration, and a bit of fear creep in when trying to make sense of all that has been introduced to them. What, though, do they do with all this newly acquired information and energy once the conference is over?
This toolkit is designed to support individuals and/or teams in organizing and making sense of everything learned at a conference--from keynote speakers, session presenters, other educators, and vendors--and provides a means for taking actionable steps.
Pre-conference goal setting & planning
1. Start with a clear purpose and outcomes
- Use the Pre-conference goal setting and outcomes planning template to focus your thinking
At the conference
3. Capture your thinking during sessions
- Use the session note-catcher
- Visit the Networking Lounges to meet educators in similar roles who are grappling with similar topics.
5. Share ideas
- Identify a time to meet and plan with your team before you lose those great ideas!
- Invite others to meet and share your thinking.
- How do we turn new learning into an actionable plan? (see template page 2)
Post-conference action planning
Continuing education units
Saint Mary’s College of California offers you the opportunity to earn affordable Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for attending Learning Forward’s 2020 Annual Conference.
Ten hours of instruction equals one CEU. The cost for up to one CEU is $50, exclusively priced for Learning Forward attendees. Download the CEU form here. For more information, please contact Laurie Aguirre at KSOE@stmarys-ca.edu.