Evidence into Action
Save the date: December 3-6, 2023
Washington, DC | #LearnFwd23
Our email servers are experiencing intermittent outages. If you have been waiting for an email response from us, please try resending your email or calling us directly. Thank you for your patience as we work through this issue.
2023 theme: Evidence into action
Evidence into action speaks to the importance of evidence-based practices and how Learning Forward bridges research and implementation to improve results for each student. In 2022, we explored what it would take to reimagine education after all that we learned from the pandemic. (See a recap of 2022's conference here.) This year we look at how we apply what we have learned to best practices in classrooms, teams, buildings, systems, and regions.
We look forward to seeing you next year in DC! If you would like to be one of the first notified when registration opens for our 2023 Annual Conference, you can add your name to the waitlist here.
Call for proposals for the 2023 Annual Conference
The 2023 Call for Proposals has closed and over 700 proposals were submitted for the 2023 Annual Conference in Washington, DC. We are excited to share that virtual proposal scoring has already started, and in-person proposal scoring will take place in both Washington, DC and Williamsburg, Virginia on February 16. If you are interested in scoring proposals virtually and/or joining one of the two in-person scoring events on February 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Proposal notifications for the 2023 Annual Conference will be sent via email in May 2023. To view or check the status of your proposal, please visit: https://lfp.learningforward.org/
Proposal review process:
Each year, proposals are rigorously reviewed by more than 100 experts from Learning Forward: the conference Host Committee, consisting of local education leaders and practitioners, and other volunteers from the education field. For each proposal, a team of reviewers is guided with a set of in-depth proposal scoring criteria and rubrics, including how well proposals address:
- The Learning Forward vision, mission, standards, and selected areas of focus
- Session outcomes
- How the professional learning advances school or district/division improvement, student achievement, and educator performance
- A process that models the best in adult learning and participant engagement
- A unique, creative, or innovative solution that conference attendees can take back to their own schools or districts
- Research and/or evidence-based practice
- The impact of professional learning on student achievement, educator performance, and school or district/division improvement
- Relevancy to the needs and interests of conference attendees, and
- Practitioner voice in the presentation team
For more information on submission tips, presenter requirements, areas of focus and topics, please visit the instructions at https://lfp.learningforward.org/index.cfm
If you wish to be part of this review process, either remotely or in the host city, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 in DC video
Watch this video to see what to expect from our 2023 Annual Conference: Evidence into Action, happening December 3-6, in National Harbor, just outside of Washington, DC.
- Central office administrators
- Policymakers and decision makers
- Teacher leaders/Coaches
- School-based teams
- Principals/Assistant principals
- Technical assistance providers
Earn CEUs for your attendance
Saint Mary’s College of California offers you the opportunity to earn affordable Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for attending Learning Forward’s Annual Conference.